If you want to offer your Teaching service on the Site, you must read and agree to be bound by these Additional
Terms and Conditions for the Teacher ("Teacher Terms") which are part of and incorporated into the Lingotalking Terms and Conditions of Use ("Terms")
(https://lingotalking.com/kr/clause/service.php). These Teacher Terms will apply to any Account that is approved to be a Teacher on the Site.
If you do not accept these Teacher Terms in full, you are not authorized to teach on the Site and you are not eligible to receive any benefits from
Lingotalking for any Teaching service you provide on the Site.
1. Qualifications Needed to Use the Service
You must meet the following requirements in order to use our Service:
- You must be legally permitted to work in both your home country and your current country of residence.
2. Approval for Teaching Services
In order to become a "Teacher", you must first submit a complete Teacher Application.
Completed Teacher Applications are evaluated by Lingotalking for approval. If your Teacher Application is approved,
your member status will be changed to "Teacher." You will have the ability to create and manage a Teacher Profile on our Site.
As a Teacher, you can begin providing "Teaching Services.”
If you pass our evaluation, you can begin providing a variety of language Courses on the Site. No Teaching Service may ever contain any Prohibited Content.
It is up to you to accurately describe your Course(s) for sale.
3. Teaching Services Description
In order to provide lessons, Teachers must create a description of their Teaching Services on Lingotalking.
When creating the description of your Teaching Services, you agree to the following guidelines:
- Write a specific, detailed service description with clear scope, deliverables, and lessons.
- Set expectations that you can meet or exceed.
- Not create services that are made with the intent to commit fraud, or provide services other than the ones outlined in the description. This includes offering your Services in exchange for positive feedback or for no cost.
4. Use of the Services
- Teachers shall judge the credibility, certainty, reliability, usefulness of information provided by Lingotalking as well as the quality, certainty, credibility and usefulness of other services, and students agree to accept their own user responsibilities.
Teachers must understand that they are not in the employment of the Lingotalking and as such no employment contract shall exist between the Teacher and Lingotalking.
-Lingotalking shall assume no responsibility for any information, file, or goods exchanged between students and teachers, and they shall absolve Lingotalking from responsibilities for any kind of damages or losses of the student caused by information, file, or goods provided.
-Teachers should not exchange files or objects not relevant to lessons unless given explicit permission by Lingotalking to do so.
5. Guidelines for providing Teaching Services
Once you have received a Teaching Services request, you agree to the following guidelines: Teaching Services -Use the Lingotalking platform to manage Student requests.
- Make an effort to respond promptly, within one to two business days, to all lesson-related communication, whether from the Student or from Lingotalking.
-Maintain a record of all communication between you and the Student. Communication methods can include outside emails, instant messages, telephone or in-person conversations. Important details includes information on the scope, deliverables, time frame, price, feedback, revisions, schedule changes, vacation, availability, delays, acceptance of deliverables, and completion of lessons.
Inform the Student of your availability and response time.
-Inform the Student if you will be unavailable for more than one business day.
-Respond as soon as possible to all Teaching Services requests by either accepting, declining, or proposing a time/date change. -If you will be unable to provide your Teaching Service, immediately inform the Student, offering an explanation and proposing a revised date.
-After you have provided your Teaching Service, provide helpful, objective, balanced feedback for the Student. -Any Student who is dissatisfied with your Teaching Service is required to contact you directly through the Site or Application regarding any issues or complaints. Teachers should first try to resolve any issue or complaint directly with the Student.
If the issue or complaint cannot be resolved between the Teacher and the Student, Lingotalking will use all records of communication as evidence to make a determination on how to adjudicate the dispute. Lingotalking reserves the right, in our sole discretion:
-To transfer credits, offer a refund, or reverse a transaction.
To designate who shall bear the expenses resulting from any such actions.
-Agree to maintain the privacy of Lingotalking Students.
This includes not soliciting any personally identifiable information (such as birth date, age, government issued number, phone number, or home address).
Agree to maintain the privacy of your personal details.
Agree to maintain personal records for all invoices and payments.
Agree to cooperate with Lingotalking in anti-fraud actions, and in Dispute Resolution.
Not use Prohibited Content, or content that violates copyright.
6. Password Management and Usage
- You will either define your own password or be provided one by Lingotalking to access various restricted areas of the Site. Lingotalking will not responsible for the management of your Password.
- You should not give or disclose your Password to a third party.
- Lingotalking will not be held responsible if you or someone else uses your password inappropriately or to harm a third party.
7. License Grant
- The Teacher hereby agrees that any user who purchases your Classes ("Student") will obtain and be granted, as a result of such purchase, a worldwide, non-sublicensable and non-exclusive right and license to use the Content incorporated in that Classes solely for his or her personal and noncommercial educational purposes. You acknowledge that all of the Content you submit to the Site (whether as part of your Class or otherwise) is subject to the representations, warranties, license grants and other provisions contained in the Terms. Please read those carefully. You also acknowledge that we may use your Content and information about your classes in marketing, advertising and promotion of our Site in any medium, and you hereby give us permission to use your name as part of such marketing, advertising or promotion.
- Lingotalking has the right to use your Teacher Introduction video for marketing, advertising or promotional purposes. Lingotalking may publish teacher videos to our official channels in third-party video hosting and streaming services, such as Youtube, Vimeo, Youku or others, as to ensure accessibility and visibility to Lingotalking students regardless of location.
9. Payment Terms for Teacher
Posting of Earned Amounts
The total amount of all payments earned through your purchased Classes (minus any applicable fees and issued credits or refunds due to cancellations) will post to your Account almost immediately after the student has confirmed the session took place.
You are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, local, and foreign taxes or charges imposed by any government directly or indirectly, in connection with your enrollment as a Teacher.
Lingotalking collects commission fees only when your Classes are purchased or a tutoring session is booked and the transaction is completed. To the extent any refunds are issued under the Terms, our commission fees will be based only on the amount that is not refunded back to the Student. For each purchase transaction on the Site, our commission is net 15% of the total cost of the Session.
Disbursement of Funds
You are responsible for initiating disbursement of funds from your LingoTalking account to your Paypal, Bank Account, or other method registered and preapproved through LingoTalking.
Lingotalking shall calculate the sum of Lesson Fees per month and transfer them to your specified Paypal account according to the following schedule. Payments will be made on the following 15th. However, the Teacher is responsible for other expenses including withdrawal fees and receipt.
The Teacher will not receive payment for a Lesson if a student requests a refund of Lingcos and the Company grants it according to the User Terms or User Cancelation Policy. If the Lesson Fee for the particular lesson subject to refund has already been paid, you will be obliged to send the payment back to Lingotalking.
You are expected to perform in a manner that results in a consistently high level of Student satisfaction. You are in breach of these Teacher Terms for the following:
If the students request a refund for his/her Lingco with just cause.
- If you fail to deliver any Teaching Service for which payment was accepted.
- If you fail to take reasonable efforts to resolve a dispute with a Student.
- If you cause unacceptable levels of Student dissatisfaction
- If the bank account information or any other information you provided is incomplete or incorrect.
Code of Conduct for Teachers
We believe in the value of education and the learning process one goes through to obtain knowledge. We do not condone plagiarism, copyright infringement, or inappropriate teaching methods and will deactivate the account of anyone knowingly engaging in such conduct.
Additionally, if at any point you feel the instruction you are providing or the feedback you are being asked to provide is being used inappropriately by the student, you should not hesitate to end a session and/or cancel the student's order and notify us immediately via the feedback form or live chat.
Contacting Customer Service
If you wish to report a violation of Site, Application or Service Policies, have any questions, or need assistance, please contact Lingotalking Customer Service as follows:
Online Support: www.lingotalking.com